The Herefordshire River Wye and Lugg Natural Flooding Management Project is one of 26 catchment scale projects funded by the recent £15M DEFRA allocation for NFM projects in England. Cheaton, Cogwell and Ridgemoor Brooks fall within one of the seven priority sub-catchment areas.
Four key objectives of the project are to :
- Reduce flood risk to local communities
- Gather evidence and develop knowledge around NFM
- Engage communities around NFM and develop partnerships
- Deliver wider benefits e.g. water quality, enhanced biodiversity, socio-economic benefits.
This is the first meeting for the Cheaton, Cogwell and Ridgemoor Brook area.
Natural Flood Management Community Group Meeting
- Update on NFM as a whole
- Catchment Delivery Plan – Cheaton, Cogwell and Ridgemoor Brooks and local knowledge of flooding
- Monitoring plan
We would very much welcome your attendance and value your input. Please feel free to invite other interested local residents, landowners or famers to attend this meeting as it is very important we create an NFM Community within the area.
Time: 6.30 pm – 7.30 pm
Venue: Kimbolton Village Hall, New Road, Kimbolton, HR6 0HQ (ample parking)
For further information please contact Bethany Lewis, Natural Flood Management Project Officer: 01432 260 739 or 07792 880030.
Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE